Thursday, November 12, 2009

Its about time!!!



So I figured it's about time I do a new blog right?!?

Can't believe how long it has been since I last did one!!! Apologies everyone!
I always sit down to do one but can never find the time to finish it! Maybe I should consider doing short n' sweet ones more regularly rather than epically long ones once in a blue moon!!lol!!

Anyway...Where do I start?
I suppose picking up from my last one...we were on the home run of our Spring Tour when I last blogged! And as most of you know had a fantastic end to our tour by wrapping things up in the phenomenal Red Rocks..but more on that in a minute!

The ONLY other most important thing on the last leg of the tour,other than Red Rocks...
WAS MY 20th BIRTHDAY OBVIOUSLY!! Heehee...
Anyone who knows me will say that I'm a total nutter when it comes to any special occasions throughout the year.
Birthdays,Christmas,Halloween...you name it..I'm guaranteed to make a big deal out of it!

I thank my wonderful family (particularly my Mum!) for always encouraging us growing up to celebrate the day you were brought onto this earth..And rightly so!!!
I think everyone deserves at least one day out of the year that we can be spoilt rotten and nobody else is allowed complain!
That's my story anyway and I'm sticking to it!! :-)

So needless to say the girls and all our Celtic Family out on the road knew that my 20thbirthday was a big deal to me...God only knows everyone had heard me gearing up for the big day since February!! ha!
They couldn't have been more wonderful! I was obviously so sad that I didn't have my family and friends at home to celebrate with me but the girlie's more than made up for it! I was treated like a total princess and indeed spoilt rotten...heehee!!!
The loveliest part of the day for me was looking around and seeing my new family I've grown up since I was 14! And to now think I was 20 years old and sharing the day with the people who are now part of my life and who each hold a special place in my heart was a really wonderful moment!!!

And I have to thank so many of you whom I hope are reading this, for all your beautiful gifts and cards!!! I cannot thank you enough! You really are so kind and generous with your time and love for thinking of me on my birthday! I treasure every single one of them and I'm thankful for not only having grown with the girls and my colleagues over the last few years but that I have grown with you also.
You are a big part of who I am today and I thank you for letting me be a part of your lives too.

More to follow on Red Rocks and the end of our tour!
But first I thought I'd show you a little picture of the birthday girl on her big day!! :-)

12 comments:

  1. Hehe, I like the hat. It suits you.
    Tomorrow is my second CW show and my first meet and greet. Pretty excited! I'll be in the front row with the Lynn Fest signs!
    P.S. - don't tell her! It'll be a surprise.
    Regards,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Celtic Queen:) I as others are waiting for the new album and dvd. I went to Powercourts after the Christmas filming at the Helix. Gee 2 years went by fast. I hope to meet you and to go back to Ireland.

    Toodles,
    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chloe Sorry I missed your birthday, Which, If my sources are correct, is 2 days after mine, but Dont worry I wont forget about you during Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Chloë,

    Hi! Great to hear from you again! Sounds like your birthday was terrific! So glad for you! Now we have Christmas right around the corner! Along with many others, I can hardly wait for the new DVD/CD and tour! Meanwhile I'm eagerly anticipating the WTTW PBS airing of it! I'm currently planning to attend two of the spring shows. Looking forward to seeing you there!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a great time on your birthday, Chloe!! It was great to have been at Wolf Trap to help you celebrate it! Lots of forum energy that night for sure!! Of course we were also giving Máiréad some added support to help her through that recent injury she had sustained in Raleigh a couple nights previously.

    We really have watched you grow up before our eyes (and ears!!) and it simply has been an amazing and beautiful journey. You have so much good ahead of you. See you again soon!

    All the best, Scott and friends

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha birthdays are definitely meant to be celebrated! I'm glad you celebrated yours to the fullest! Very late Happy Birthday! A few more weeks and it will be you half birthday and you can celebrate that too! ;)

    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Chloe- its Tricia! My birthday was November 13- I had to babysit so seeing the concert on the 16th was my celebration. I couldn't be with my family on my birthday either :( But thats a long story. I miss everyone so much already and I'm struggling. I was going to try to get a letter out to you, but no one I know is going to any meet and greets this tour! BUMMER! So I hope you read this. If you want to e-mail me, my e-mail is wunderkindlp@hotmail.com I miss you already!

    ~Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chloe, you look SOOOOOOO beautiful in these pictures. Please, please keep sharing snapshots with your blog entries. Your fan love seeing them!

    ReplyDelete